Monday, July 15, 2013

Julep Maven - My New Beauty Diversion


So, I recently got together with my friend Mary for a day of shopping, lunch and catching up.  We went to the Mall of America and our first stop was at Sephora to pick up an Urban Decay eye pencil sharpener.

While were there we ended up buying some Julep Nail Polish in Liz, sort of a muted robin egg blue color.  That prompted a visit to a nail shop for manicures.  Wow, what a great color - it worked on both of us.  We are showing our nails off in this photo but you can't really see.



After I got home I did some research on Julep and found out they have monthly club called Julep Maven where they send you monthly beauty boxes based on your preferences.  Of course I had to try this out (I was Boho Glam, you get 2 polishes/month and another beauty item for 19.99 but you get a discount if you sign up for a 3 month, 6 month or longer subscription), I started with a 3 month subscription.  But, I used the code FREEBOX and got one month free.  My first purchase was waiting for me just a few days later.  Below is a photo - I added on a "surprise" for 13.99 that consisted of a polish and a foot scrub that looks interesting.  My regular purchased included two very pretty polishes, a nude color names Clara and a deep purple shade called Gabrielle.  Also included was a rollerball cuticle oil that I cannot wait to try.

My first Julep manicure lasted a full week and perhaps would have lasted longer but my nails were getting long so I took it off and trimmed them down.

If you are interested in trying this out please use the link below - they have a referral program and you can earn points to shop with...so, thanks in advance if you try this.  Just remember to use the code.

http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/272051/

No comments: